Sunday, March 21, 2010

Removing bees from a barn

The Bee-Team got our first bee removal call of the year. The woman said they started removing siding from a barn and it contained floor to ceiling bees. Her son-in-law is allergic so they have to go.
I got the impression there may be multiple colonies (we've removed as many as 4 colonies from one barn). The problem is that a non professional bee person often sees more bees than there really are. I'll try to remove them the first good week in April and plan for more than one colony but expect just one.
These bees are approximately 50 miles away so I'll take every tool I can think of ever possibly needing to do the job in one trip.
Sorry my daughter can't come to video the job. My partner can't help either-he's working on the census.

No comments:

Post a Comment